Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Is that work I smell?

After a week of doing very little in the way of paid work, I've just had a sniff of something.

The thing is, it's permanent.

I love my freelancing, the freedom that it gives and the money that I can earn.

However, as I get older I have more responsibilities to myself, my fiancée, my cat(!), etc. This means that a monthly wage becomes quite enticing. The last place I was at offered me a decent amount, but I didn't like working there and, in the end, they didn't want me there, either.

So, will this place be any different? I don't know. But, I can't say no, in case it's right, perfect, ideal. It could be my copywriting utopia. It's integrated, which means it's not just Web work. That's all I know so far.

I'll keep you posted. Literally.

As for the new neighbours, they are great. Haven't heard a peep out of them since they moved in. Why can't all people be like that?

purplesimon out...

2 comments:

dori said...

Just sell your soul to The Man and collect the monthly paycheck like the rest of us poor slobs! ;>
P.S. - Hope the neighbours stay quiet...

purplesime said...

I don't have a soul to sell, Dori.

As for the neighours, they are super-quiet all the time and I can't see that changing. If only we could clone them and always have them living next door!

Glad to see that you've updated your blog, too. Why can't Tanya update hers?

Readers: get over to Tastes Like Llama and send comments about how poorly the blog is kept up-to-date. Thanks.

purplesimon out...