Thursday, May 05, 2005

Before we fade

I want to tell you a moving story
but my voice is standing still
I don't know where to start
or even if I will
Sitting, sipping coffee
as the morning drifts away
Working out the words
I know we need to say

If that's okay?

You used my hands to juggle
painted pictures with my eyes
You said, "If you need a body,
you can just try my mine for size."
I pray for peace
because I'm always caught in war
Still don't know what
I'm forever fighting for

Anymore.

Make me hands, paint me words
Post me pain with which to flirt
Taste me helpless, kiss me death
Bleed me life and breathe me breath

Sing for you, sing for yesterday.
Yesterday, invite the wind to blow the sun away
Catch the fire. Steal the rain, won't you steal the rain
Sing for you, before we fade

No comments: