Wednesday, May 04, 2005

229 and counting

I've just spent a great deal of time looking around the Blogger site(s). There was a lot that I didn't know about blogging and I have discovered some cool things about this way of Web publishing.

I used to belong to Dear Diary, which, in its own way, was my introduction to 'blogging'. I use the inverted commas because, well, because I never put anything in my diary. I lost my login information and it soon became more of a chore than something 'fun' to do.

So, why did I start another one, albeit at Blogger?

Well, it all came about when I was doing some search engine optimisation work for a client: Samsung Explore.

I used blogging as a method of getting the site higher in Google's listings. It worked. And, I got hooked on blogging. Simple, really.

So, that was back last year and I have tried to Blog as much as possible. This now means that "purplesimon" has 229 links in Google as a search term. That puts a smile on my face.

purplesimon out...

No comments: