Saturday, January 15, 2005

Working, the 'flu and life in general

It's been a tough two weeks. I don't know how I managed it, but I worked for 9 days (with a weekend, in between) and had the 'flu for a large part of the second week. Living in a large city, travelling on an underground network where you can be standing next to a piss-stained tramp one minute and a celebrity the next (sometimes without much difference between the two), and smoking all add up to a cold.

Add to the mix: 13 hours per day, plus two hours travel; working at home following 15 hours of work/travel; builders in the house replacing the boiler and creating plaster dust be ripping out kitchen walls and it makes sense that my body said, "Enough's enough, I want to be ill."

Of course, I brought most of this on myself. I could have worked less, not taken on that second job for a large consumer electronics manufacturer promoting their handheld gaming, mp3 player and DVD-displaying device. Now I am suffering.

Monday, it's my 32nd birthday. It'll probably be spent in bed, coughing into a growing mound of snotty tissues and bemoaning the death that surely will end the suffering. Of course, later next week I'll be wondering what all the fuss was about. In fact, turning on the news has a similar effect.

Once things quieten down, I might actually get around to posting up a new story. Until then, you'll have to make yourself busy by reading the comments.

What do you mean, there aren't any?

purplesimon out...

No comments: