Friday, February 18, 2005

Here is the news

No.

I didn't get it.

Am I bothered? Not really. The experience of meeting the company and, especially, the creative director was more than worth it. I may have spent the whole weekend, up late each night, working on my amazing packaging, trying my level best to impress. But, in the end, it was all in vain. Sort of.

There are a number of positive things to have come out of the interview process. I have met a great chap called Jonathan Spooner, whom I think I will stay in contact with. He has promised that he will keep an eye open for me if he sees a position at the company, or at another company, that he feels suits my skills. He will become a referee for me, which is really going to do wonders for my career. I can only hope that it all comes true.

I can't say that I'm not disappointed and deflated by not getting the job, but being able to put a foot in the door and not be turned away with a curt goodbye is more than I could have hoped for after the first interview.

Who knows what might happen in the next six months. In the meantime, I am working on some exciting projects. More will be revealed later, as I will be posting up links to the sites as they go live.

Not only that, I have made a conscious decision to write something new, to get it up here on the Web and to blog on a daily basis if I can get the time between meetings. It's an organic thing, the Blog, and I don't want to simply post only when I have a story to put out there.

So, if there is anything you want to know, what to see or if you just want to bitch at me, you know where I am.

purplesimon out...

No comments: