Monday, February 06, 2006

FOR IMMEDIATE PUBLICATION

Readers of this Weblog will be shocked by the news that the author has recently been arrested. Details at this time are sketchy and more particulars will be released as news comes in.

At this time, all we know is that police caught the author at a local supermarket, where sniffer dogs have recently been employed to cut down on the number of drug-related incidences occurring on the premises.

Legal counsel for the accused provided the following statement earlier today:

“As you will no doubt have heard, our client was arrested in a routine stop and search at his local supermarket. Officers approached our client after being alerted by sniffer dogs.

“Following a search of our client’s clothing, a small amount of narcotics was found secreted on his person, although we are unable to confirm the nature of these substances at this time.”

A police spokesperson said: “I cannot possibly comment on individual cases, but we can confirm we are holding a suspect, pending further investigation.”

-ends-

5 comments:

purplesime said...

People, this is not true - it's another piece of fiction.

I promise.

I don't carry small amounts with me, only large amounts. LOL.

No, the reason for this post is that I haven't time to write anything proper, so I wanted to buy myself some time. Having lots of comments about re-reading previous posts, I felt I was letting people down.

The only thing I worry about now is that people don't take this too seriously. Apologies if you're shocked and think this post if real. Oh well.

In case you're more shocked about not being able to read anything for a while, why not read some of the older stories on this blog.

purplesimon out...

Tamarai said...

Hey Sime

Well... you wouldn't exactly be blogging if you were in jail, would you?

Thanks for the observation about the tattoo - tattoo thing. I will amend it before I send it out anywhere.

Much love and light to you, especially as March approaches.

ginab said...

Tesco? Marks? Hmm...

I'm more intrigued by the sniff and hold'em syndrome that attests for arrests in England, than you foresaking detail, sparing adding 'glint' and perhaps a real visit that could, I'm rhyming, land you in the clink.

-g+bb

Kat said...

I like that your stories sound real. Although, as Tanya pointed out, you wouldn't be blogging from jail!

Chris said...

While the idea of you blogging from jail didn't make much sense, you really did have me going for a minute. Do they have the "one phone call" thing in England? If so, maybe you were able to subtitute a blog post for your phone call. ;P