Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Some real news!

Yes, something worth reading (and for me, writing about). I have begun the painstaking task of re-writing my novel, Somewhere in the City.

I wrote this back in 2003 and never did anything with it, except pass it to three friends, none of whom got around to reading it. Having re-read it myself I can see why. It's rubbish.

Okay, let me clarify that. It has a great story and some brilliantly conceived characters (even if I say so myself). The problem lies in some aspects of the storytelling (stilted) and the arrangement of the chapters. This is being resolved. I am being ruthless in my re-write. Yesterday I got the first 2000 words down. The original has almost 90,000 words, so it's a small drop in a large ocean. Perhaps those out there with more mathematical skill than me can let me know the percentage.

So, I guess your next question is: are you going to blog the novel?

You'll just have to wait and see. In the meantime, there's a story posted below.

purplesimon out...

No comments: