Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Rebirth

Good day to the visitors of this blog.

At the top of the page it mentions a grand reopening in 2007. It's not specific about the date and that's why, so far, this will be the only post for January.

It's unlikely there will be more soon. I make no apologies for that. I have my work and it's all-consuming at the moment. Blogs don't pay the bills. Not for me, anyway.

However, I am attending a Poetry Society workshop in late February and I would think this would be a good time to start again. I have some ideas on what to do with this blog, but I will share them with you at a later date. In the meantime, I encourage you to have a look at the list of worthy sites to the right of this page. There you will find much to entertain you.

purplesimon out...

7 comments:

purplesime said...

I hope that makes sense.

purplesimon out...

Tamarai said...

HELLO!!!!! Nice to see you back in blogland, even briefly.

:-)

Metalchick said...

Hi there!
Good luck with the new ideas, I understand how time consuming blogging can be, especially when you have multiple blogs.
I'll be going back to school next week so I will have less free time.

Take care.

ing said...

I can't wait to hear about this workshop! I hope to sign up for a writing class, just to get me going again. Knowing that other people expect me to turn something in motivates me to no end.

purplesime said...

T: Always good to hear from you.

Metalchick: Heard the sad news that Audioslave have split (again). How's school going? I must pop by your blog soon to say hi. Normal service should resume shortly, with a bit of luck. Which brings me to...

Ing: The workshop is on Saturday, just two days away. Looking forward to it. It'll be the first piece of true writing I've done since I took my fiction course (I got my certificate for attending the other day).

Whatever the output of this workshop it'll be posted up here. Depending on how it's received and how I feel about it, this blog may start again.

There is a lot happening in my life right now and lots of stuff that's coming up that will change everything for me.

More on that later.

I leave you now to ponder my words and hope you'll return to read and comment.

purplesimon out...

ginab said...

Glad to see you're up! And I'm with Ing, except there's no real chance here for me to sign up for a course. Nope. Alls well that ends well.

Nice new start for you. Very glad, I am, as I said, to see you're up. You make plenty of sense.

-ginab

TunnelVision said...

Very nice blog indeed.

You are welcome to read and comment on my blog:

Synopsis of a new post 9/11 thriller-

Most of the English thrillers have predominately western focus and I am trying to give an Asian perspective, back ground and motivation. Most of the action takes place in India, Pakistan and Afghanistan. The plot is set in motion by an ambitious, exiled communist hardliner having strong links with Afghan warlords and Pakistani chieftains. Greedy deal makers, antique smugglers and undercover agents complicate the matrix as few innocent lives are changing for ever.