Saturday, August 13, 2005

I'm thinking of

I'm sitting here on a Saturday morning thinking about whether I should make some major changes to this blog.

I haven't had time to post much up recently, mainly because I've been busy at work; however, something has come to my attention and I want to know if I should undertake a radical change to this blog.

Here's what I'm thinking:


  1. Take out all the superfluous nonsense on this blog, such as the favourite sites, inane comments, etc and move it to a new blog.

  2. Leave only the stories on this blog and only post new stories here.


The reason I am thinking this:

  1. Some new people may come to this site and not see a story. This may make them move away and not look through the site, especially if I haven't posted some fiction up over a period of a week or so. I don't want that.


  2. Also, Chris from Spontaneous Fiction has posted a link on his own blog to mine, which tells people that they can expect some reading material on this site.


I want people to get what they can reasonably expect.

However, I don't want to do this if it will upset the equilibrium of this blog.

So, I pass this over to you. I'm going to be busy over the next week and I will come back to this blog and, hopefully, I'll find that the Gods have spoken (yes, there are surely more than one God, hence the pluralisation) and I will have the right answer.

Over to you.

purplesimon out...

2 comments:

Tamarai said...

Helloooo Sime.

Thanks for your comment on my blog and I thought it only fair to comment here. I would miss your musings if you were to just do stories on their own - you thinking of blogging your musings separately?

I did finally do another blog!

:)

Thanks for the fish

purplesime said...

Yeah, I was thinking of keeping a new blog rolling along with all the miscellaneous comments and opinions from this site, not deleting them completely.

So, does that change your post?

Glad you're still alive T, and that you've finally updated your own blog!

Go on people, have a look, it'll make you chuckle.

purplesimon out...