Sunday, July 03, 2005

Too much information

That's the problem with academics. They have so much revolving around in their heads that everyday tasks, such as remembering the time and date of a meeting, is beyond them.

However, they are usually great people to be around and a source of inspiration.

Dr. Blog, who is actually yet to become a full-blown PhD holder, is one such person.

I was hoping to blog my experience of meeting with this chap and talking about my posts, but he has insisted that I don't, in case others out there in blog-land are also speaking to him.

Unfortunately, I had to cancel our meeting of last week and was hoping to meet this week coming, while I am on a break from freelancing (my choice, not a lack of work). However, Dr. Blog's brain is so full he forgot our new appointment time and date. Within 24 hours!

Academics, you've got to love them.

It made me smile, but also made me sigh in a resigned way.

Write things down!

That's some free advice. Buy (or steal) a calendar or diary and write things down in it. You may find it makes your life easier.

I hope that Dr. Blog doesn't take offence at this blog, but as a busy person I have to regulate my life to ensure that I always know what's happening and when it's happening.

I've sent Dr. Blog an email, and I will update you on the progress of this interview that I'm not allowed to talk about. Of course, if it doesn't happen I'll blog the whole shameful episode and be done with it.

(a slightly miffed) purplesimon out...

No comments: