Thursday, July 07, 2005

From bombs to bootlegs

There are no words that can describe what happened in London today. I could just spray vitriol at things, beings, people, etc, but that would achieve little. I want to contemplate these events and comment appropriately when I've got something worth adding to what is already out there.

I will, however, comment on this at some point, you can be sure of that.

I wanted to get something lighter up today, so as not to remember this day because of bombs.

So, I wanted to tell you about Go Home Productions instead. This amazing chap takes two different songs and melds them into one track. It's called mash-up or bootleg - although to me, being a child of the 1970s and 1980s, I like to remember bootlegs as those tapes made at concerts by people with "hidden" recorders and microphones, which were often nothing but crowd noise and the odd snatch of music, distorted beyond belief.

Well, GHP has kindly placed some of his early tracks up for download. See his site; he's a good friend of a good friend and, in my opinion, one of the best at this mash-up malarky. Check him out, spread the word.

purplesimon out...

No comments: