Thursday, June 30, 2005

Summer has finally arrived

By this I mean that it's raining here in London - a proper British summer. We love nothing more than wet weather, as it gives us something to focus on, to complain about, to fit the stereotype of the Briton.

That's rubbish.

Personally, I don't care any more about the weather than I do seagulls, or plain flour. I only worry about it if I am not dressed for it.

It's the last day of June and the rain is here. The temperature hasn't dropped, so it's still a sweaty experience on the underground. Here's some advice for my fellow travellers: it might be raining but that doesn't mean you can leave the deodorant off.

Just telling it like it is.

Tonight I am off out to meet Dr. Blog. Who's he? He is a PhD student at the London School of Economics and is working on a thesis about blogging. He got in touch back when I had just started my own blog and now he wants to interview me.

Of course, I will be blogging the experience, letting you know more about it, as I learn more myself. It could be infinitely dull; on the other hand it could be very interesting.

That's a decision I will have to leave up to you all, dear readers. I've got cigarettes to smoke, God dammit!

purplesimon out...

No comments: