Friday, June 17, 2005

A record shopping experience

In London there are a number of decent independent record shops. So, why is it that most people I seem to see still shop at HMV when on Oxford Street?

May I suggest that you take a trip down Berwick Street where you will find everything that's stocked in the larger stores but at much lower prices.

For example: I paid only £6.99 for a couple of recently-released albums today. That's over half the price of the chains such as HMV.

Makes you wonder what kind of profit they're making on these deals, let alone back catalogue.

I know that not everyone lives in London or can make it to Berwick Street. So, why not visit Sister Ray online. They are a shop in Berwick Street and are fairly cheap. You might also want to try Reckless Records or SelectADisc, a company that also exists in Nottingham.

If you know of any other independent record stores that you think should be listed, please let me know and I will post up links to those that offer a good service at prices that don't require a mortgage broker's help to afford.

purplesimon out...

No comments: