Thursday, June 09, 2005

No one guessed the news flash

So, here (if you look hard enough) is the answer.

I don’t want to go on about Billy Idol, but it is Hot in the City.

I bet there are a lot of people out there scratching their heads and wondering what on earth I am rambling on about. I guess that the dehydration from this morning and the heat of the sun have made my head go to mush. Not quite, but I don’t think it’s far off!

There will be some people that are going to find this news amazing; I fully expect some of my friends to get upset that they are going to find this out in a blog, but that’s the risk I am prepared to take.

If some of these people phoned or emailed a lot more they might be entitled to find out straight from the horse’s mouth (oh, how I love a cliché!).

So, here it is: I’m engaged.

There, I’ve said it.

If finding out this news upsets you in any way, please don’t tell me because I really don’t care.

This is not me being nasty (for a change); this is about the personal nature of doing something like this. There will not be a wedding to which anyone except immediate family is invited – our guest list will be five people and no more. The wedding will not take place in a church (we’re not religious and I won’t pretend just for the sake of paying lots of money to an organisation that has plenty of it already) but will instead be at Kew Gardens.

The date? Well, if I told you that, we’d probably get gatecrashers.

The good news for those people that might want to witness something close to a wedding is that we are planning to have a hand fasting (which is a Pagan wedding). This, with luck, will take place at Stonehenge, Wiltshire. More details will follow on this.

So, now that I’ve stunned many of you, feel free to leave your comments.

purplesimon out...

No comments: