Monday, June 06, 2005

It's a book, it's a film. Two words

Normally, when I go to see a film that has been hyped out of all proportions, I am disappointed. So, it was with some trepidation that I ventured out on Saturday to see Sin City.

However, I was not as disappointed as I had been the times I went to see Star Wars (Episode I and II) and The Matrix. In fact, Sin City lived up to all my expectations, even if there were parts of it that didn’t match the hype.

Overall, this film is fantastic. It’s so different to other films from the comic/graphic novel genre that it deserves to be seen. Yes, it’s violent; yes, it’s all about nasty people and women with most of their flesh on show; however, it makes for great viewing.

It certainly beats Spiderman, The Hulk, Batman, From Hell, et al into the submission. It’s not perfect (some of the stories just aren’t long enough and Mickey Rourke’s part should have been twice as long), but then films of books rarely are.

Have you seen it? What did you think?

Read, think, comment. The usual stuff.

purplesimon out...

No comments: