Thursday, May 26, 2005

Six days off

You'd think, from reading this blog, that I never stop working on something. Well, that's probably true of most weeks, but I've just missed out on a job because the dates needed to be moved and I wasn't available to complete the work.

The best thing about having some time off is the summer weather that has descended on London. It's sticky and hot, but I love it when it's sunny. People smile; I don't knock mobile phones out of people's hands in a pique of rage; Women wear less (on the downside, so do men that really shouldn't); and the general atmosphere is one of happiness.

What's more, Bluewater is probably happy. Who would want to wear a 'hoodie' in the blazing sun? Especially as the majority are made of nylon or some other man-made fabric.

Not me, that's for sure. I'm happy in my flares and T-shirts.

But it's not all good news.

I had a call from a friend of mine to tell me that another mate's Dad has recently passed away. He wasn't old, he was fairly fit and such a lovely person. It's a real shame. Words fail me when it comes to death.

I've left a message to say how sorry I am, but to be honest it's a bit lame. I wish in these circumstances I could do more. My offer to be there is as much as I can do. I don't want to impose myself on someone in a messy attempt to help. All I hope is that he didn't suffer and his time will come again.

purplesimon out...

No comments: