Thursday, May 19, 2005

The end of my week

It’s a hot one today in the city of London. I am already feeling a little moist in the armpit region, but now that I have got into the office and opened some windows it is starting to feel a lot cooler.

This humid weather that we’re experiencing here in the UK is not usual for this time of year. We expect rain – and lots of it! Still, no point in complaining that the sun is out is there?

We have a visitor coming up from Bournemouth tonight – my girlfriend’s mother is arriving at 1.30pm at Waterloo station. She’s a lovely person and this will be the first time that she has seen our house. She didn’t see the last one, but we are happier in this one and that means we are glad to have her stay. Tonight, my girlfriend and her Mum are off to see Chicago (the musical, not the windy city). Me? I’ve got some prints to get done, a PDF to create and I need to get sorted for this interview tomorrow morning.

It means I will have to miss yoga. I don’t want to – I love it – but earnings must come first. I have decided that doing some yoga in the house tonight will be better and then I can attend the Monday class, even though it’s for those who’ve already completed the beginners’ class that I attend. I just don’t want to not do a class.

Even though it’s Thursday, this is the end of my week. Tomorrow is all about interviews and meeting creative directors. I actually need to pop into my old workplace to pitch for some work on a banking brand, who’s name I can’t yet mention. As with everything else, I want it to be complete before I start posting up links – especially if there is nothing to point you all to!

Brighton is calling this weekend. We’re off to look at hats. This is for a friend’s wedding, which is taking place right near Stonehenge. The couple marrying actually farm sheep right by the stones, so we can get access to it that other tourists can’t.

That’s it from me. I don’t have any other news to report on this hot, hot morning. It’s getting even warmer as I type. There is probably a thunderstorm due. Let’s hope so.

purplesimon out...

No comments: