Tuesday, May 24, 2005

The dating game

Just to clarify, I’m not in the dating game…

I have, however, been searching the online (and offline) dating advertisements for a concept I am working on for Mercedes. Yes, really, Mercedes.

I know it’s probably not what you’d come to expect from the manufacturer of fairly straight-laced cars, but there we go. I think it’s a novel way of engaging the audience and making things a little bit subversive. I’ll be posting up some of the original ideas (as these will probably change as the concept grows) so you can get an idea of what we are trying to achieve.

While I was writing this, the Creative Director I’m working with has asked me to consider working for a longer period of time, say a month. Yeah, I think I might. It will give some consistency to the work I am doing; this is something that I would normally be eager to take up, but there are some other things to consider…

I shall report back soon to put my decision out into the world.

Anyone wishing to comment on whether I should or not can happily leave their thoughts here. You know the score.

Just in case there are other Creative Directors out there that want to usurp the kind offer from this agency, please get in touch.

purplesimon out...

No comments: