Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Recovering

The gig last night, which was Herman Düne (in case you haven't read the previous post) at the 100 Club in Soho, was pretty amazing.

I'll admit they are not mainstream music, but if you think country-tinged songs are, well, a little Garth Brooks, think again. This is more quirky with some exceedingly strange lyrics.

The night started with the visit to the hospital, only to find that the lumps in my mouth are not anything to be worried about. They are being taken off on Friday. Quick! That's private healthcare for you. If I'd waited for the NHS I could have been waiting up to seven months just to see the consultant.

Why? Mainly because the cause of these lumps is quite common and therefore lots of people must be suffering from them and only a maxillofacial surgeon can remove them. My surgeon is brilliant, just what you want from a doctor. The hospital even has a fresh coffee machine in reception for use while you're waiting for your slot! I want to keep going back just to drink the Brazilian espresso latte.

Moving swiftly along.

I took the tube to Soho, walked up Rupert Street, which is where all the strip clubs are (hey, it was on the way!), straight over Oxford Street and into Wells Street. Just up the road there is a pub called The Champion. They sell organic beer. Just perfect.

Got to the gig, saw a rubbish support band (I won't give out their name, I don't want reprisals), drank some generic beer from the bar and smoked a couple of spliffs with the group I was with. So, heady with beer and weed buzzes I swayed to Herman Düne and enjoyed the whole thing immensely.

It took about an hour to get home. Quick cup of tea, a smoke and a chat with the girlfriend. Then bed. Slight hangover this morning.

Feeling good now. The sun is shining, the weather is sweet. Oh, makes me want to move those dancing feet. Classic dub tune. You'll probably know the Finlay Quaye version. His was not the original. A good version all the same, though.

Also, buoyed by the news that a site I worked on has gone live. Again, this link will probably be out of date in a month or so, but for now you can see it at the Sony PSP website.

Not sure what the rest of the day is going to bring, so you might be surprised by a new story very soon.

purplesimon out...

No comments: