Monday, April 18, 2005

A new week begins in earnest

It's been a hectic couple of days since my last post. They went a bit like this:

Friday night - leaving party for friends and colleagues at an agency I have been working at for the past three months or so. Left there at 8pm to grab some food. I then popped along to my own leaving party for an agency I left back in November 2004. Received some book tokens as a thank you for the four and a half years I was with them. As I love books and reading, this is perfect. I am spending them today and will report back on the books I have read. Currently reading the new Ian McEwan: Saturday. Impressed so far.

Saturday was spent choosing colours for our bedroom as it is very pink right now. We moved in to this house about a year ago and have only painted the downstairs rooms and had a new kitchen installed. Soon, it will have to be carried out upstairs, so choosing new colours was a job that required completing. That's now been done and we begin painting next week, with most of the preparation starting on Friday... It'll create a mess, but afterwards it will be worth it.

Sunday was spent doing little but painting matchpots of paint in the bedroom. Also spent time with my Mum before she went back into hospital for treatment of her disease, which is Severe Aplastic Anaemia. She starts the treatment today, once her chest x-rays and so forth are finished. I shall be visiting her later on today, so expect an update on things every so often.

Today has been spent chasing some work (which has proved fruitful and it looks like I might be off out of the house again this week and/or next). Again, I shall update as and when. Furthermore, I have been attempting to get my referral letter for a hospital visit I need to have as I have a lump in my mouth requiring removal. Not looking forward to that, but at least it's not malignant. At least, I don't think so at this moment in time. I do smoke, so it needs to be checked out by a professional. At least I can go private.

So, that's all the news from the world of purplesimon.

Read, think and comment. I promise some more new things will be posted soon. In fact, I am about to embark on a new rewrite of my novel. If it looks good I will be posting the chapters up here. Who knows where that might lead.

purplesimon out...

No comments: