Tuesday, April 26, 2005

All done

Just got back.

Been a hectic few hours. First, dodging the rain, I took a bus to the station. Yeah, it's lazy when you think I live about 10 minutes walk away from the tube, but it was raining! Then, a leisurely tube journey to Baker Street tube so I could pick up my Herman Düne ticket. Walked into a pitch nightmare at the agency my friend works at, the same one I used to: jkd.

I wrote quite a bit of that website's content. I had my leaving party two weeks ago. It's here I have to note that the website will probably change at some point, so I have written most of the content as of today, Tuesday 26 April 2005.

Which leads me nicely onto the next part of my day. I jumped on the tube again, getting off at Putney Bridge. Now, I know this is not very nice and probably more information than you actually need, but I was busting for a piss.

Let me digress. Public toilets just don't exist in vast numbers anymore. What's it all about? I would hazard a guess that they are expensive to maintain, etc, but all it leads to is law-abiding people like me peeing wherever is convenient. Now that pubs and coffee shops don't let non-patrons use toilet facilities we have to use trees and bushes.

Having relieved myself against a wall (screened by some laurel bushes) I rushed back to the station and hopped on the 93 bus. I did this because it goes past the hospital I am visiting tonight for this consultation. Now I know where it is.

I alighted at Wimbledon so I could pop into Waterstones the Booksellers. You see, I was given £50 worth of book tokens as a thank you from jkd for all my hard work over the four-and-a-half years I was employed by the company. I spent most of it, leaving just a £5 voucher for another day.

Once I've read the books, I'll pop them on to my favourite reading list on this blog. I might even review them, you'll have to wait and see.

That's it for today. Check in for a Herman Düne review tomorrow.

purplesimon out...

No comments: