Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Isn't it about time we caught up?

Yeah, it's been a while since I last popped a post on this, my very own blog. So, what's new?

Been busy doing the corporate thing, making my clients sound fantastic, whether they are or not. I have to say that all my clients are ethical - they have to fit in to my ideal otherwise I don't work with them. But, I am a slave to the... certainly not the rhythm, perhaps more likely the ability to purchase things in shops and to pay for a roof over my head. Much as I detest money, it is a necessity.

I do like to barter, if anyone has some ideas on how that might work on a blog.

Otherwise, I have been running around sorting out my parents' financial problems, which stem from a serious illness that my mother contracted part way through July 2004. It nearly killed her, now the UK Government is doing its best to try again. Thankfully, today is the last time I need to run around, as I became a legal representative of my mother's as of lunchtime. So, from now on it can be taken care of on the phone or by email (if the local offices have finally come into the 21st Century).

So, there you have it. The only other news is war, war and more war. It seems to me to be the topic of choice for the past three years, constant violence flaring up. And, it's not just faraway places, it happens on your doorstep. Maybe you're not plagued with drunken idiots patrolling your streets in packs while the police look on, pissing in your doorway, throwing rubbish in your driveway or, worse, causing criminal damage. Well, I can't think of a place that doesn't suffer in the UK. So, there are more personal wars we have to fight.

I want to leave this post with a saying that I wrote about eight or nine years ago, just after I had moved away from home for good after University. It's that old, but it will always be topical, which almost makes me want to weep... Anyway, here's the quote for you:

Peace is something to be achieved, not a cause to fight for.


I also wrote another one that currently sits on an image at the beginning of my portfolio. I might take it out and frame it, but I might just leave it where it is, as it serves to remind anyone that views my portfolio that I have an opinion, I am not afraid to express that opinion, and I don't care if it offends your beliefs. This one reads:

The absence of war breeds it.


This is to say that man cannot function without conflict. I believe that's never a truer word said.

Bush-bashing is commonplace nowadays, so I won't start anymore here. I have a healthy resentment for his policies, I believe him to be a dullard of the highest order, but all the while he has his fingers near the button I want everyone to tell him how great he is, just so he doesn't get bored and start world war III.

I leave you people for a while, so read, think and comment.

purplesimon out...

No comments: